Some of you come here, waiting to read about the circus that is my life - car towing fiascoes, peeping toms and other rich drama.
Others of you like to hear about the more glamorous occasions I experience - hobnobbing with Dhani Jones at galas and snapping photos with Paula Deen.
And still others of you are more interested in the dish I serve up on Cincinnati.
Well! This is one of those moments when I am simultaneously
- Cincinnati Foursquare Day Tweetup - Friday, April 16 from 5:30 to 8:30 PM at Pachinko in Covington - If you're on Foursquare (you'd know if you are), this is a great opportunity to get your Swarm badge, as well as a special Foursquare version. If you're NOT on Foursquare, this is a great opportunity to meet 50 or 60 people who are interesting, fun, and in to social media.
- Cincinnati Roller Girls - Saturday, April 17 at 7 PM at the Cincinnati Gardens - I love a good party, and that's pretty much what the CRG dish up. Entertainment, drama and at $1 PBRs, uber cheap beer. The CRG take on St. Louis Saturday; a good group of people are meeting up to tailgate before hand, and I hear the Wooly Bully mascot may even make an appearance at the pre-bout gathering. Leave me a comment if you're interested in joining, and I'll get you the info.
- Issue 1 Rally - Monday, April 19 from 6 to 8 PM at Mainstay Rock Bar in Downtown Cincinnati - Issue 1 renews state bond funding for Ohio Third Frontier, which supports innovation and new businesses in the Buckeye State. CincyPAC, of which I am on the board, is co-hosting this rally, along with Cincinnatians for Progress, Cincinnati Social Media and Cincy Tech. Come out and support the movement that's trying to make Cincinnati the Silicon Valley of the Midwest.
- Appalachian Festival Hoedown Competition - Tuesday, April 20 at 12 noon on Fountain Square - I am not above making a fool of myself, and if that means dancing in a clogging competition with Gapper, so be it. I'm told some professional dancers will give me the once over on how the Cotton Eyed Joe goes, and then we'll all get a turn to dance our steps. I'm going head to head with Amy Scalia of Cincy Chic, professional comedian Steve Caminiti, Dustin Sproat of the Cincinnati Cyclones and Cincinnati Reds mascot, Gapper, and some other daring souls. Please come out and cheer me on - it's been a while since my show choir days.
- Tweetup for Tarbell - Wednesday, April 21 from 5:30 to 9 pm at Neon's Unplugged in Over-the-Rhine I blogged about this event I'm co-hosting on Monday. Jim Tarbell is a long time Cincinnati progressive who is running for a Hamilton County Commission seat. This guy believes in safe communities, support for the arts and urban revitalization. This is a great opportunity to meet the man and form your own opinion before the May primary.
- Bold Fusion - Thursday, April 29 from 1 to 5 PM at The Westin Cincinnati - The city's annual Young Professional summit gets down and dirty about how innovation is changing the way we do business. I'm excited to get to play a part in this neat event - I'll spill more info on that in the days ahead.
- Cincinnati Ballet Ball After Party - Saturday, May 1 from 10 PM to 2 AM at The Edge Design Center - Every girl (and I am told even some of the guys) like to get all dolled up for a big party. Yes, this is on Derby Day, so you may already be in a festive mood this Saturday night. Let the party continue and join me at yet another event I'm co-hosting to support the Ballet!
- Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon - Sunday, May 2 at 6:30 AM in Cincinnati - I am not a runner. I can walk at a good clip, and am comfortable with walking seven or eight miles in one setting. That said - I don't run unless someone's chasing me or there's a sale on shoes. This year marks the fourth year I'll don a hot pink wig and set up shop along the marathon route as an unofficial cheerleader. I don't know why I started this, but I am looking forward to being joined again by my pal Cincy Spin. If you're up for waking up early, wearing a crazy wig and yelling quite loudly, let me know. We typically go out for brunch and Bloodys afterwords. Note: this is one of the most fun things I do each year. The runners go absolutely crazy over us!
Kate's Random Musings by Kate the Great is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.