I received an email from moveon.org that I thought I should share with you all. For those of you supporting Obama, you will want to take extra care in reading this... We cannot take a break through these last two weeks to Election Day.
TOP 5 REASONS OBAMA SUPPORTERS CAN'T REST EASY
1. The polls may be wrong. This is an unprecedented election. No one knows how racism may affect what voters tell pollsters—or what they do in the voting booth. And the polls are narrowing anyway. In the last few days, John McCain has gained ground in most national polls, as his campaign has gone even more negative.
2. Dirty tricks. Republicans are already illegally purging voters from the rolls in some states. They're whipping up hysteria over ACORN to justify more challenges to new voters. Misleading flyers about the voting process have started appearing in black neighborhoods. And of course, many counties still use unsecure voting machines.
3. October surprise. In politics, 15 days is a long time. The next McCain smear could dominate the news for a week. There could be a crisis with Iran, or Bin Laden could release another tape, or worse.
4. Those who forget history... In 2000, Al Gore won the popular vote after trailing by seven points in the final days of the race. In 1980, Reagan was eight points down in the polls in late October and came back to win. Races can shift—fast!
5. Landslide. Even with Barack Obama in the White House, passing universal health care and a new clean-energy policy is going to be hard. Insurance, drug and oil companies will fight us every step of the way. We need the kind of landslide that will give Barack a huge mandate.
You can help your local Obama office by clicking here for more information on volunteering. I, for one, will be spending my time volunteering for Obama this Saturday afternoon.
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Before Election Day, much of the U.S. will be observing one of my favorite holidays - Halloween. I've always delighted in dressing up in shockng, provocative costumes - everything from a dominatrix to a Liberated Iraqi Party Girl (yes, that was a more creative invention). Also on the list: Rocky Horror's Magenta and a EuroTrash Club Goer.
This time, I don't really know if I'm going to wear a costume... but I AM looking for a shocking accessory to add to my otherwise pedestrian wardrobe.
Take a look:
You can check out these shoes and other platform shoes here (though I heard there was a "hooker" store in Monroe that had these boots. I wonder if that person meant the Hustler Store?)
I totally agree on this polling issue. First, with the use of cell phones decreasing the number of people available for these polls, I'm not convinced they're accurate. And, if you take a close look at the margin of error, it's large enough and the difference between candidates is small enough, that there's the possibility the candidate could actually be virtually tied.
I'll keep campaigning myself -- up to the last moment.
You can wear those shoes or you can drink, but you can't do both.
Post a Comment