No need to pass the hat around for poor, old Kate. At least not yet. My car is likely not going to blow up, as the fine folks at Saab say the light is merely a warning my engine and car computer are not communicating.
Apparently my car will "ride a little rough" until I get it fixed, penciled in for June 30th.
The Ode to a Black Stilletto blah blah thing:
I am without a standing date, once again. It's a long story and, well, since this is my blog I guess I'm entitled to go into it.
- John says he's "really attracted to me"/"we have great chemistry"/I'm "super smart and know lots of big words"/I'm "beautiful" etc.
- John says he's surprised he doesn't feel more for me since we've been dating for the past 2 and a half months (but have seen each other only as frequently as once a week and would talk outside of that one other time a week)
- John just wants to be friends
This is what I think about things:
- John is expecting a lot out of this relationship up front.
- There are a few things about John (which I won't divulge here since it's a mute point) that drive me crazy so I shouldn't be all worked up but I guess I am.
- I'm kind of bummed because I enjoy spending time with him and I don't know whether we'll see each other as frequently.
- John will definitely regret this someday.
- There are other fish in the sea and I should look at this as an opportunity to "throw another one back."
I think someday John and I will be able to look back on this and laugh about the time we dated, as I think I could consider him a good friend down the road.
On another note, there are other "irons in the fire" as I like to tell John, and I will inform y'all on a Need To Know basis.
That's all I got right now.